2.13.2011

Sniffly Sunday

Satruday night I went to bed with a bit of a runny nose.  No big deal.

Sunday I woke up with a scratchy throat + runny nose + watery eyes.  No more hiking trip with friends :(
This is what I missed out on, wah!  Next time!

 Shane and I headed to Vine Ripe Market.  I needed oranges in my life.



Baskets of Middle Eastern candies
Great priced produce
sweets!
We had never went here before, assuming it would be expensive.  But we read some reviews on Yelp! and had to try it out.  It's super cheap, and they have a good variety of produce that is delivered everyday.  It specializes in Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food and they have a huge selection of freshly baked bread.  The naan looks so good, but we went with whole wheat pitas.  

And of course lots of oranges.


I got progressively worse as the day went on.
Spent the day napping, reading and sniffling.  I am loving this book, The Art of Eating In by Kathy Erway.  Has anyone else read it?  I'm almost done!

I also got caught up on some homework.  We're having a workshop on Wednesday and I needed to finish reading. 
Any early childhood educators out there?  This book is wonderful.  It's not one of those books that's all theory and by the end you're wondering how in the world to implement it in your classroom.  It does a great job of providing real examples and strategies  you can start using right away! 
*Sorry non teachers for this tangent!!*

Around 5 I mustered up enough strength to finish making Shane's dinner. Jenna's Chicken 'n' Biscuits to Fix Your Life
Shane was in heaven.  I need to cook this boy meat more often!
  
I soothed my throat with a smoothie
-handful dandelion greens
-frozen blackberries and blueberries
-rice milk
-1/2 banana
-orange juice

Thank goodness my school is off on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment