2.06.2011

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Not really. 

I've been reading a book during most of the game, taking breaks to watch the commercials.  

They've been pretty good!  The one with all the dogs serving beer was super cute.  The bloodhound looked like Scarlett, Shane's dog back in NJ!  
What a cutie
Well that's it on the football front.  But let me fill you in on pre-Superbowl activities.


I tried a new yoga class at the gym today.  It was packed, but I can see why.  I really liked the instructor, which I think is very important for yoga.  She had a calming voice, helped me focus on breath, and played good music.  Looks like I'll be back next week!


When I got home I shredded it up with Jillian; day 5.  Level 2 is no laughing matter and  was dripping by the end.  It must have been a pretty comical scene.  As I'm working out in the middle of the living room, Shane is also in the living room folding clothes.  Of course there is commentary.  Of course I'm yelling at him to get his butt up and try it.  He wimps out.  Says it looks too easy. Hah!

And then we went to the pool because it was just to gorgeous out not to.  
hellooooooo
Anywho, I've been pretty boring with my eats today. Oats and coffee, quinoa, mashed taters, and meatloaf!  You have to try the "meat"loaf, it's delicious.


"Meat"loaf
adapted from  Peas & Thank You

What you'll need  
 
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1 can chick peas, drained & rinsed
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 onion 
- 1/4 c sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c pepitas
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- poultry seasoning, salt & pepper




1) Preheat oven to 375.  Grease loaf pan.
2) Use food processor to finely grind celery and onion.  Put in large bowl and set aside.
2) Grind oats and add to celery/onion mixture.
3)  Process chick peas and leave some texture.  Add to mixture.
4)  Pulse pepitas and sunflowers in processor a few times, so as not to over grind them.  You'll want to leave them big enough to add some crunch.  Add to mixture, along with the rest of the ingredients.
5)  Mix until combined.  I used a wooden spoon.  Add to greased loaf pan.
6) Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
7) Serve and enjoy!

I added more ketchup to the mixture!!

Pop this bad boy in the oven

Don't forget the ketchup!

2 comments:

  1. There are no words to describe how envious I am of you and your cute bathing suit as I am in sweatpants and a t-shirt wrapped in like 5 blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt kinda bad putting it up since the rest of the country is snowed in, but since it's my first winter here I'm still in warm weather shock.

    ReplyDelete