1.01.2011

New Year, New Blog

Why hello there.  So nice of you to stop by and read my new blog.  I have big plans for this little bloggy blog, but for right now I need to concentrate on this first post!

My name is Melissa and I'm a 20-something trying to find a healthy balance in life.  I've been reading blogs for a while now, and over the past 6 months I've added a number of sites to my Google Reader; getting to "know" people all over the country who share my love of health, fitness, and you can't forget desert!   

Crumbs Good Guy cupcake
 Now have a teensy confession to make, please don't make fun of me when I tell you this... I've been taking pictures of my kitchen creations and even of my lunch if it looks really pretty.  For what reason you might ask?  For my imaginary blog of course!  But I'm no longer pretending and that imaginary blog will become real when I hit the Publish Post button. eek!





 I'll make sure and work on my photag skills in the future :)

Here are some things you can look forward to on this blog:

 ~ My  escapades in cooking and baking ~
Sometimes hilariously disastrous, sometimes not so hilarious, and other times just delicious. 


 ~ Running ~
I love to run.  I have a 5k, 10-miler, 1/2, and full marathon under my belt, SPI belt, that is. 


 ~ Other forms of exercise ~ 
Just got a gym membership to get my cross-train on.  I'm loving group classes, like yoga. And the green smoothies I drink afterward!


~ San Diego, California ~
I moved to San Diego about 7 months ago.  I'm still exploring my new city. 


If you like what you've read, come back and join me as run, bake, and have fun on the healthy cupcake!



 

3 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogosphere! I'm new too. I totally took pictures of my food way before I started blogging too- I used to tweet it lol. Can't wait to see more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the "other side" of blogging. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls!! I really appreciate it. And good to know I'm not the only one with the food pics pre-blog!

    ReplyDelete