1.04.2011

Jam Packed

*This post was meant for yesterday, but due to time constraints it's being posted now!
**How do you fabulous bloggers do it? It's hard to post on time!

Jam Packed

There are 3 posts I could write under this one title, but I'll jam them all into one. (That's your cue to laugh).

This morning my alarm woke me up dark and early at 5:20 and I headed to the gym.  Let me just tell you, JAM packed, with New Years resolution-ers.  Is that even a word?  I make up words a lot.  The parking lot was completely full, except a few spots in the last row.  Somehow I didn't have to wait for any of the equipment, sweet! Quick workout summary: 20 min- treadmill 10 min-stair climber 20 min- abs/arms 3 min-stretching

After the gym I had a hankering for something with jelly, or j a m, or whatever you'd like to call it.  PB&J?  Eh, more lunchy.  Toast with jelly?  Boring.  PB&J...oatmeal!  How could I have even considered forgoing my oats.  My wonderful oats who keep me satisfied until morning snack time ;)
Gimme some jelly!!!


PB&J Oats
  • 1/4 cup oats + water in microwave for 1 minute.
  • Add approximately 1 TBSP PB + 1 TBSP jelly + 1 tsp flax meal.
  • Add more water or milk (I use almond) for desired consistency.
  • Put into microwave for additional 30 seconds.
  • Add whatever toppings your heart desires!
  • I used raisins and a crumbled mini Peanut Butter Muff-Cake.

This is a Muff-Cake and I will post more on it tomorrow!

After PB&J oats and some coffee I felt like I could take on the world.  Until I drove to work.  I worked last week, unlike many people.  So I was spoiled with NO traffic.  But Monday the roads were all jammed up.  That's okay though because I made it to work with time to spare.  Granted, 30 seconds to spare isn't much...but it's something :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful day back at work!  
And did anyone else venture to their local gym and find it completely full with people sticking to their resolutions?  
Also, who knows the difference between jelly and jam?  Maybe I'll Google it...




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment