6.15.2011

WIAW 2

 It's that time again...



!!

My morning started off with a banana and 1/2 cup of Chocolate Glazed Donut Coffee.  Another unpictured banana.  Woops!  Today I set out for 2 miles, but I wanted to push myself and I knew I would perform and feel better having some fuel in my body.  I did!  My first mile was ran at an 8:56 pace and my second mile was ran at a....7.39 pace!  I am sans Garmin and track my distance on Dailymile.com then plug in my stopwatch time, so that's the accuracy you're getting, but I'll take it!


Doesn't my breakfast look so patriotic?
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
1/4 cup Whole Foods bulk bin honey granola
a lot of cinnamon
big handful blubes
And the other 1/2 of my coffee...iced!
  

For lunch I baked good old plain tofu and some tofu with this Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette from TJ's.  I let the tofu marinate over night and boy oh boy did that flavor shine through.  I highly recommend it!
 

Lunch was a TJ's whole grain flour tortilla with:
mashed up chick peas with a fork
(out of hummus, avocado wasn't ripe enough, and too lazy find food processor in a kitchen box that is still taped up)
sliced *jersey* tomatoes
plain baked tofu
spinach
mustard

We interupt this WIAW to bring you... 

DUCKS!  
So I happen to love ducks.  They were one of my first words, duckah duckah, and my stocking from when I was a baby has a duck on it...

Well anyways, I was laying out at the lake listening to podcasts and reading magazines when this little guy flew over.  He was later joined by a friend!


The video is literally this little ducky and his friend doing duck like things.  Only 30 seconds, check it out if you like super cutie, webbed feet, patooties.

After I got back from the lake I was craving cold, fresh fruit.  And you know what makes fresh fruit taste even better?  

Your boyfriend's childhood Ninja Turtles bowl of course!


This combo of a juicy pear and blueberries hit the spot after being out in the hot sun!


Dinner was pretty fabulous if I do say so myself.  I actually made this last night (minus the tofu), so it was left overs but shhhhh, tasted just as good tonight!



kale + chick peas sauteed in TJ's Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette

lots of quinoa
baked tofu marinated in TJ's Vinaigrette

See you next Wednesday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment