6.09.2011

A Little Late: WIAW 1



I know, I know, it's already half way through Thursday and I never got my WIAW up!  Today I was busy getting my yoga on, applying for real/summer jobs (takes forever), surviving 100 degree temps when I step outside...whew!

So let's all pretend its Wednesday for a hot second...


My breakfast (everyday since moving to NJ, no joke) is simple yet extremely delicious.  I tend to go through breakfast obsessions, which seems to be a trend among bloggers :)


1/2 cup organic rolled oats
LOTS of cinnamon
1/2 cup vanilla soy/almond milk
Put in the fridge for about 5 minutes for the milk to soak in
Add cereal of your choosing and mix in
MMMMMM.
 
Lunch was leftover quinoa with sauteed yellow and green zucchini + ketchup
Side of 1/2 fresh sliced green zucchini and baby carrots

 Sweet treat after lunch: 
More iced coffee
red delicious apple sliced and sprinkled with cinnamon
1 TBSP creamy + 1 TBSP crunch PB 

I'm so mean, I wouldn't share with Princess.

After lunch I became a bad WIAW blogger for two reasons.

1) I was so hungry I ate a banana before I could even think about taking a picture!
Problem solved.  There is my banana.  Pain in the butt to peel, jumping all over the place.

2) I haven't mentioned this, but Shane and I are living at his parent's house so we can save up money and perhaps one day buy a place of our own.  Well, I felt a little funny preparing my dinner and then taking a picture with everyone around.  

I'll tell you it was delicious though!  Roasted sweet potato + ketchup and a salad of spinach, black beans, baby carrots, the other 1/2 of the fresh zuchinni and salsa for dressing

And some yummy watermelon to round it all out.
So there you have it, my first WIAW!  Next week I promise more pictures!  

And thank you Peas and Crayons for starting this fun little virtual breakfast/snack/lunch/dinner party!

No comments:

Post a Comment