3.27.2011

Homebody Weekend

How is it already Sunday night?!  This weekend really flew by, but I enjoyed every minute.  I didn't get out much, but sometimes you just need a couple days to be a complete homebody!

And staying in has it's advantages.  Like my apartment is sparkling clean.  I'm tan, yay self tanner!   I finished a book. And I'm all caught up on my shows.  

Saturday started off with an 8.5 mile run, which to be honest, I didn't think was gonna happen.  All morning I moped around, dreading the impending miles.  I was a complete slacker this week and only got in one 4-miler.  It also doesn't help that since the mud run, I find dirt in between my toes after wearing my sneakers.  

But that's no problem, because being a homebody also allows you to online shop.  So my new kicks arrive in 4-5 days, I can't wait to try them on!

After my run I tried coconut water for the first time.  I wasn't that thrilled by it, maybe because I was expecting something sweeter, perhaps more fruity.  Next time I'll have to try a flavored kind, since the nutrition stats rock and I want to like it!

Part of what got me through my run was the thought of pancakes.  Isn't that why everyone runs?  I had 8.5 miles to think of a way to incorporate sweet potatoes into pancakes.  I came up with 3! 

Each pancake mix started with the same base: whole wheat flour, baking powder, flax meal, and vanilla.


#1 sweet potato, molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger

#2  sweet potato, cinnamon, brown sugar
#3  sweet potato, cinnamon, maple syrup


Looking good so far...
These could work...

Nope.  I didn't get the ratios correct, so no matter how long the pancakes were on the pan, the insides would not cook!  I will get these ratios correct because these have the potential to be sooo good!  I have some ideas for other add-ins as well. 

The rest of the day I chilled out ...a m a z i n g.

After din, leftover Pho, Shane and I had a little banana soft serve topped with chocolate chips
[process frozen banana in processor until smooth]

and watched some Demetri Martin.


Sunday I revisited my sweet potato pancakes after yoga.  And they were super yum after a night in the fridge.  Topped with PB, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut shreds, and maple syrup.




so good.

Good night bloggies! Sleep tight!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment