8.02.2011

Turning Dreams into Goals

"It's a dream until you write it down, 
and then it's a goal." - Anonymous

source
I have some running dreams.  And I'm ready to turn those dreams into goals.  They've been written on my calendar, but I think they'll become even more real once I write them for the whole world to see.


 The first event on my calendar is the Philadelphia Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon.  I love the Rock 'n' Roll series, probably because I had such an amazing experience during my 1st marathon.  So I'm really looking forward to this one.


Another reason why I am so excited for this event?  My sister, new blogger (<---check her out)  and newbie runner, is signed up too!  This will be her first 1/2 marathon and I am so proud of her training so far!

Now here is where things get tricky.  I am most definitely running a full marathon this fall, but I have 2 choices a week apart from each other.  Basically it's dependent on if I get a big girl job for the fall!

Choice number one, is the Philadelphia Marathon on November 20th.


In 2009 this was my first ever 1/2 marathon.  I distinctly remember around mile 12 the full marathoners split off to continue running and in my mind I asked myself, "They are so crazy;  who would ever want to run 13 more miles after this?".  Guess I've gone a little crazy...

If I do get a job it would be a dream to run the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon on December 4th.  Who gets the chance to run the strip at night?  There are also plans for a blogger conference!


This sounds like it would be an AMAZING marathon to run. 


The only part I'm scared about is the 4:30:00 cut off time!  I ran my first marathon in 4:58, and I was focused solely on finishing.  This time around I have speed work and tempo runs incorporated into my training.  I'm thinking I can do it and this marathon would be the push I need to break the 4:30 barrier!


After my second full marathon the sky's the limit, right?  I'll have to see how it all goes.  But if I'm feeling good I may begin training for a 50k or 50 mile-er.  Being honest with myself, running is my passion.  At the beginning of the summer I thought I would train for a sprint triathlon for the end of August, but my heart wasn't in it.  For right now, I think I will stick with running and save swimming and cycling for cross training activities 2x week, as per my training plan :p


 *Awesome motivational pictures from I <3 to Run <--like them on Facebook!

What are some of your dreams?  Come on, write them down and turn them into goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment