8.04.2011

Say What: Jicama

If you know what jicama is, raise your hand.

...


Hmm, I have a feeling there are quite a few hands not raised.  And that's okay!  The first time I ate jicama  was only a few months ago.  Until that time I would wander the produce section of Henry's, stop at jicama, ponder for a moment what in the world that weird vegetable was, and then walk right on by.

By I didn't know what I was missing! And pretty soon you will too.



I hope you found the video helpful!  And below you'll find another delicious way to enjoy your new favorite veggie!


Apple & Jicama Salad

What you'll need
This simple salad is easy to adjust to your personal taste.  Mix and match quantities until you reach desired sweetness and tartness.  Shredded carrots would make an excellent addition as well!

1 medium jicama
2-3 apples- any type: I used Washington, I bet Granny Smith would work too.
3/4 c. walnuts- can toast for added flavor
2/3 c. raisins- dried cranberries would work also
2 tbsp lime juice
4 tbsp agave nectar



What you'll do

-Julienne your jicama and apples.
- Mix in raisins and walnuts.
- Mix lime juice and agave together and mix with salad.  
- Eat right away or put in fridge to let the flavors mingle!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment