1.23.2012

Operation Marathon Nutrition

So with marathon training underway, I thought I'd track what I ate throughout the day, to see how I'm doing nutritionally.  I find it tedious to track my meals all the time, but once in a while I'll plug my eats into Livestrong.com's MyPlate. 



Breakfast: 1/4 c. rolled oats
2 tsp. TJ's organic hemp protein powder
2 tsp ground flax seeds
2 tsp chia seeds
cinnamon
(ran out of bananas and forgot other toppings and it was quite boring!)  
Lunch: 1/2 cup red quinoa & chick peas + nooch
1 1/4 c. steamed broccoli
1/4 c. walnuts + 1/8 c. raisins
1/2 red bell pepper sliced
Afternoon snack: 1 small green apple
2 TBSP peanut butter





 This picture is from lunch the other day.  My big ole batch of slow cooker soup lasted me until tonight!

Dinner: 3/4 c. carrot/lentil/cracked wheat soup
1 slice baked tofu





Not too shabby.  I'm not taking this as 100% accurate, but I like having a general idea.  As a vegetarian/vegan you always get asked, where do you get your protein?  And although I know I get enough from plant based sources...it's nice for that to be reaffirmed!  

Tomorrow when I go to the gym I'll have more calories, today was a bit lighter than usual.  

No comments:

Post a Comment