6.24.2011

Smoothie-rific

I was being such a bum this morning!  I woke up around 8, made some coffee, got my laptop, crawled into bed and proceeded to Facebook stalk, catch up on Twitter, read some bloggies, and chat with one of my BBF's on AIM.  And let's not forget the snuggling!



As the minutes ticked away, I could feel my motivation slowly slinking away.  I always find that after I've been sick and therefore haven't ran in a few days, that first run back is always the hardest to start. 
source
Around 10 I realized I wasn't doing myself any favors and proceeded to step away from the addicting little piece of machinery that is a laptop, and got myself geared up.  There were no excuses to not run today.

 true story.

I got in 4 miles at a 9:45 pace... pretty good for me!  Followed up by 20 minutes of yoga.  I was so hungry since my laziness also meant that I did not fuel properly this morning!


Enter the best smoothie ever!  I've seen other bloggers put oats into their breakfast smoothies but I always forget!  Before my run I had put 1/2 cup oats + 1/2 cup vanilla coconut milk in the fridge to soak.  Since my body was craving a smoothie I realized I could finally try the oats in a smoothie!


CHOCOLATE BANANA COFFEE SMOOTHIE

handful spinach
Chocolate Amazing Grass
1 frozen banana in chunks
 1/2 cup oats + 1/2 cup vanilla coconut milk: 
you want the milk soaked in, so leave it in the fridge for at least 10 minutes
1 cup cold coffee
Source
Pretty good stats for breakfast.  And if you're unfamiliar with Amazing Grass...it's amazing!  It includes real, organic, super food ingredients such as spirulina, alfalfa, wheat grass, and acai in a powder with yummy flavors like chocolate and orange dreamsicle.  You can find it at Whole Foods and at most health food stores.


Ahem, I know what you're thinking.  I said amazing, not pretty...

I did some cleaning/organizing and then met up with the BFF from this mornings chat sesh.  Allison and I did are usual Dunkin Date and of course I was strange and brought my own milk in a little container since DD sadly does not carry dairy milk alternatives.

Our usual corner so we can chat endlessly about whateves

On my way home I stopped for some more bananas to freeze, and I picked up the ingredients for Mama Pea's mmmm sauceDinner was so good thanks to this simple sauce!

Ahhh one of my good friends from high school, Johanna, is getting married tomorrow.  She's the first of our "gang" and I'm pumped!  Gotta get some sleep now!

Peace out cub scouts :p



No comments:

Post a Comment