6.16.2011

Rando

The term "rando" generally refers to a random person.  Like "Some rando tried to buy me a green smoothie at the bar last night".  I wish, sorta...but that's totally besides the point.  Today "rando" describes my morning.

For instance, Shane's schedule.  "Totally rando babe, I don't have to go into work until 11 but I won't be home until late."  

So rando (and fantastic!) that we actually got to enjoy b-fast together.  Today I halved my oatmeal/granola so I could enjoy a fabulous whole grain bagel from the Farmer's Market, as well as some Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Shane's sister-in-law made!  Twas quite delicious.

After Shane left I got down to the tedious task of applying for jobs.


 How rando is my makeshift "workstation"?  We've got a kitchen table with the mac, hooked up to a TV and my baby laptop.  Well, it gets the job done!

Today has been a roller coaster of emotions.  After Shane left I got so discouraged about the job hunt.  Sometimes it seems like all I do is apply and never hear back.  I know eventually my hard work will pay off, but in the moment sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming.  Plus I know each school must have hundred's of applicants for one position, so they can't respond to everyone.

I ended up finding a couple of job postings that I'm really excited about, so my frown was turned upside down!  And now my attitude has once again turned into hopefulness!

Job hunting is hard work, so of course I needed a snack.  And since I woke up with a slightly scratchy throat (so rando for mid-June!), my body was craving greens.


Swiss chard seemed like the perfect option since it's packed with anti-oxidants, Vitamins A, K, and C, Iron and a whole bunch of other good stuff.


Seems normal, right?  Well my snack took a turn for rando-ville when I was simultaneously craving potassium rich nanners and some healthy fats via nut butter.

Just roll it up wrap style!  I'll be the first to admit this snack doesn't sound very good.  And it's not very photogenic. But the ooey gooey mushy banana and PB are contrasted so nicely by the crisp crunch of the chard leaf!


Now what in the world do I do with all the stems?  Right now they're rinsed and packed in the fridge, but if I don't figure something out they will be trash.  And I strongly dislike wasting my veggies!


Rando fact of the day!  Isn't this cutting board just lovely?  My very talented boyfriend made it!  He builds/repairs guitars and as you can see is quite crafty in other areas as well.  Maybe I'll see if I can get a giveaway going since the plan is to start selling these bad boys on Etsy!


It's now 2 pm, I'm done applying for the day, I'm still wearing my PJ's and slippers, and I have some books on my summer reading list to get to.  I also have the feeling a green monster will be making an appearance and then disappearing into my belly shortly thereafter!

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!

Any rando recipes for swiss chard stems?  

Tell me one rando thing that's happened to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment